I can't begin to imagine losing one of my children and I certainly can't see myself ever hurting one of them. I try to use real world issues to teach my children that not everyone can be trusted and not everyone is nice to little kids... but how do you begin to explain to a five and six year old that this precious little girl isn't alive because of her mother (I'm sorry if you don't believe she did it I will always believe that she did it). My son watched the the trial unfold with me on tv and yelled along with me when the verdict was given... he understands and he has his opinions as well... we hadn't shared this with the little monkeys until today...
I called the girls in the room and explained that it was Caylee's birthday and that she was in heaven. I asked them if they wanted to release their balloon to heaven for Caylee and without hesitation the middle monkey grabbed her balloon and said "let me get my shoes" Middle monkey is a very caring child. She is always full of questions and worries so much about people... I knew she would want to take part. Before releasing the balloon she wanted to know how little Caylee died. I explained to her that someone killed her... I didn't have to go into details because oldest monkey matter of factly said "her mom did it and got away with murder."
I hadn't planned on going into that if I didn't have to but you can't cover the feelings of a child so I explained what happened and that she was found not guilty. Middle monkey isn't very happy, she wants to understand and she's mad at "whoever" did it!
We released the balloon and sang happy birthday.
middle monkey singing happy birthday
No comments:
Post a Comment