My kids really have an issue with people getting old and dying. I try my best to explain death, heaven, hell, and that everyone gets old but somehow it just doesn't set well with my kids...
Middle Monkey: Mommy when I have babies I can't wait until they get to spend time with Nana and Pop... a moment of silence... wait.. um mama will nana and pop get old and die?
Me: Yes honey we all get old and die, but nana and pop will hopefully live to see your children and if not they will be their guardian angels.
Middle Monkey: aw that's too bad because they are the bestest nana and pop ever...
(gotta love kids)
Baby Monkey: Mama I don't want to get old because I don't want to die.
Me: Well baby we all have to die and go see Jesus
Baby Monkey: I don't want to see Jesus! I want to stay here in this house and watch over the pets.
Me: well honey one day they will die too
Baby Monkey: No they don't want to see Jesus either... they want to stay with me in this house!
No comments:
Post a Comment