As a toddler Angelika wouldn't sleep at all unless she had a sippy cup of tea... yes the worse thing in the world to have sitting on her teeth all night but it worked. I think I just got so tired of trying to get her to sleep and fighting with her that it was just easier to give in to her. I didn't think about the damage it would cause and if you're a parent please don't ever think that certain things won't happen to your child because I never in a million years thought my daughters teeth would be so bad.
Well, we took her to the dentist who looked at her mouth and said there was too much damage for him to do the work and set her up to go to a specialist. We arrived at the specialist this morning at 8:30 and Angelika did great! She talked her way right into everyones heart, explaining that she had learned her lesson and now only drinks healthy water and that she sometimes hit and bites her sister lol. She really told her own and our life story! They loved her and we loved everyone working there. The dentist looked at her teeth and without going into too many details basically every tooth in her mouth has major to minor decay. she had four teeth pulled today and will have one more pulled along with fixing the rest on the 18th when she goes into surgery. It breaks my heart! My babygirl was so brave she didnt even cry and hasn't complained at all about any pain. She's truly the bravest little girl I know and in a few weeks she'll enter Kindergarten with the beautiful smile she deserves.
Angel at her first appt.
after having her teeth pulled
all smiles even though four teeth came out
knocked out after a long day
No comments:
Post a Comment