Thursday, December 5, 2013

House Fire

I have been meaning to write about our house fire experience for a month or so now but everytime I sit down to write it I just stop.  I hate to even think about it. 
We woke up at 4ish in the morning to our dogs barking like crazy. We thought someone was outside but the smell of smoke told us otherwise. Fire was blazing up the wall in our kitchen up to the ceiling and smoke was everywhere. We got the kids and pets out safely. Everyone remained calm and left without questioning anything. I am so proud of the kids for how quickly and calmly they moved. 
Come to find out the fire started in our office inside the outlet where our computer was plugged in. The fire had gotten so bad it burned up to the attic and through the wall to the kitchen. We were very lucky because it had burned through right behind our GAS stove. We turned off the gas and Brandon busted out the kitchen window and continuously sprayed the water hose through it. The firemen said if we had not of sprayed the fire it would have been a lot worse and we are all aware of how much of a miracle it is that the gas did not explode. 
We are still trying to get everything fixed but it's slowly coming together. 


















Finally able to cook in the kitchen again and the office is coming together nicely




No comments:

Post a Comment